In the senior school (Years 11, 12 and 13) students are increasingly looking towards life beyond school.
Students select from a range of courses leading to an academic tertiary qualification, a vocational qualification or employment. Students are encouraged to participate fully in national internal and external examinations and local, national and international challenges and competitions.
As in the junior school, we recognise that senior students have differing learning needs and abilities. To meet these varying needs we offer:
• A full range of senior subjects across all areas of the curriculum.
• A personalised tracking system for each student to support excellence in NCEA achievement.
• A homework centre after school, with teachers available to advise / tutor.
• Innovative approaches to NCEA assessment including annual ‘hackathon’, holiday programmes, and opportunities to gain meaningful NCEA qualifications.
• Scholarship study opportunities for Year 13 students.
We also offer a range of vocational and employment-based programmes including:
• The Gateway programme, which provides opportunities for workplace experience and learning in a school-industry partnership.
• An Employment Skills class (Year 12 / 13), leading to the National Certificate of Employment Skills. This programme links students with vocational tertiary providers and the workplace.
• Links to apprenticeship opportunities for students wishing to gain Trade qualifications.
Senior Subjects include:
Art Design • Art Painting • Biology • Business Studies • Calculus • Chemistry • Computing • Community Problem Solving • Design and Visual Communication • Digital Technologies • Drama • Early Childhood Education • Employment Skills • English • ESOL • Food Technology • Future Problem Solving • Geography • Health • History • Humanities • Industry Pathways • Japanese • Materials Technology • Mathematics • Media Studies • Music • Outdoor Education • Performance Music • Photography • Physical Education • Physics • Science • Sociology • Statistics • Te Reo Māori • Technology • Visual Art •