NAU MAI, HAERE MAI KI TE KĀRETI O TE TAHAWAI
Welcome to Edgewater College
Edgewater College has a proud history of academic and co-curricular success in a caring and supportive environment. Our vision Whaia te ara o Tainui | Follow the way of Tainui speaks of the courage and vision of our ancestors and recognises the value of these attributes for our learners today and in the future. Our motto “Edgewater Cares” speaks of the genuine ethic of care that permeates our learning community, built on the highest levels of respect for one another.
We provide an inspiring and welcoming learning environment focused on academic excellence, innovation and a genuinely personalised approach. We support all students to be communicators, collaborators and leaders, to achieve meaningful qualifications, and to be actively involved in the arts, sports, culture and service to the community.
Our commitment to all learners means we support the highest levels of success – in the classroom, on the sports field and in a wide range of creative and cultural pursuits. We develop learners who change the world and many of our graduates are doing just that in a wide range of fields.
We are incredibly proud of the achievements of past and present members of the Edgewater College community and look forward to welcoming you to our school.
How our students describe Edgewater College:
• RESPECT – We respect ourselves, others, the environment and learning.
• FAMILY – Everyone can express themselves in a comfortable way and encourage each other to achieve. Students can
• EXCELLENCE - We strive for personal excellence in all areas of school life. We achieve meaningful qualifications so we have multiple pathways in the future.
• INNOVATION - We make a difference in the world. Edgewater College is a place of innovation to inspire and engage learners in learning. We develop future leaders, learners and innovators.
• LEARNING – We take ownership of our learning and live our school values both inside and out of the classroom.
On behalf of the Board of Trustees and our dedicated staff we look forward to welcoming your child to our school and experiencing the Edgewater difference.
Louise Addison BA, BSc, Med (Hons)
Tumuaki | Principal
"We cannot always build the future for our youth.
But we can build our youth for the future.”