Welcome to Edgewater College: A dynamic and exciting school that serves its community exceptionally well.
Edgewater College has a proud history of academic and co-curricular success in a caring and supportive environment. Our vision Whaia te ara o Tainui | Follow the way of Tainui speaks of the courage and vision of our ancestors and recognises the value of these attributes for our learners today and in the future. Our motto “Edgewater Cares” speaks of the genuine ethic of care that permeates our learning community, built on the highest levels of respect for one another.
We provide an inspiring and welcoming learning environment focused on academic excellence, innovation and a genuinely personalised approach. We support all students to be communicators, collaborators and change leaders, to achieve meaningful qualifications, and to be actively involved in the arts, sports, culture and service to the community.
To achieve our ongoing success we offer:
- A wide range of subjects and pathways that meet students’ needs and interests
- A safe, supportive and happy learning environment
- Well-qualified and exceptionally dedicated staff who work alongside students and their parents
- Differentiated classes and programmes, including gifted and talented and leadership opportunities
- Innovation and inspiration, including our new EDGE innovation programme at Year 9
- Wrap around health, guidance and learning support to enable all learners to fulfil their potential
- Excellent future focused facilities set in picturesque grounds
Our commitment to all learners means we support the highest levels of success – in the classroom, on the sports field and in a wide range of creative and cultural pursuits. We develop learners who change the world and many of our graduates are doing just that in a wide range of fields.
We are incredibly proud of the achievements of past and present members of the Edgewater College community, many of which are shared on this website, and look forward to welcoming you to our school.
Former Edgewater College student, Natasha Dutt recently had an article published by the New Zealand Journal of Medical Laboratory Science.Continue reading
Last week Edgewater College participated in the nationwide Pink Shirt Day to continue to spread the anti-bullying message.Continue reading
- Continue reading