Congratulations to those students who have already completed their NCEA qualification this year. We will be emailing out certificates of completion over the next three weeks to those students who have attained the credits they need.
Junior students – Years 9 and 10
The current government restrictions do not allow you to be onsite at this time. Please continue with distance learning via the learn at home spreadsheet.
Senior students – Years 11, 12 and 13
You have the choice to remain at home and complete distance learning and assessment at this time. Alternatively, to help you complete your necessary NCEA qualifications you can be onsite for specific times as long as you follow the following health and safety guidelines below:
If you are coming onsite:
- You must not come onsite if you are unwell. Any students who arrive unwell will be sent home and parents notified.
- You must wear a mask at all times, including on the way to and from school. There will be a zero tolerance policy for any student not wearing a mask. If you have a medical exemption for not wearing a mask please see a dean tomorrow to get an exemption.
- Physical distancing of a minimum of 1 metre must be observed at all times.
- Please ensure you arrive before 9.45 – late students will not be allowed onto school grounds.
- Bring your device and charger with you each day.
- If you have headphones you may wish to bring these also to support individual learning where needed.
- Wear school uniform but ensure you are warmly dressed as the windows will be open during classroom sessions.
- Please sit in the seat you are assigned and remain there throughout each session.
- Please hand sanistise on entry to all classrooms.
- Lunches will be available from outside the tuck shop. Please observe physical distancing in collecting your lunch.
- Any students not following health and safety rules will be asked to leave the school site immediately and will not be permitted to return for the next three weeks.
Tuesday 26 October
The gates will be open for entry between 9.15 and 9.45 am only. Please go straight to your Mentor class, sanitise your hands and take your assigned seat.
Wednesday 27 October
The gates will be open for entry to morning classes from 9.15 to 9.45 am. You may take your lunch and go home at 11.45, or stay for lunch if you have an afternoon session. The gates will reopen from 12.15 – 12.45 pm for entry to afternoon sessions. Classes finish at 2.45 pm and all students must be off the school grounds by 3 pm to allow for cleaning for the next day.
Vaccinations and Testing
- As per the Government regulations all staff onsite will have returned a negative test before returning.
- All staff onsite have also met the government regulations regarding Mandatory Vaccinations.
It is strongly recommended that ALL students intending to be onsite next week have had at least one vaccination. Please seriously consider doing so as soon as possible if you have not already to support the health and safety of other students and our staff.
Planning for the remainder of the year
- If you are not coming to Mentor time tomorrow please email / ask for a phone call with your Mentor teacher to ensure the following form is completed and you have a plan for the remainder of the year: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SF6c5jv2f5ngG0ZHl4Bu4rD9S3sEIiNj0YXy7pE_-8c/edit?usp=sharing
- Once you have completed this form please share with your Mentor AND Classroom teachers.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask you Mentor Teacher or Dean.