Kia ora koutou
As you may know on Wednesday next week we will be holding our school wide Athletics Day at Lloyd Elsmore Park from 9 am to 2.30 pm. We are very excited to be able to hold this event after cancellations over the past couple of years! We are running a full programme of track and field events so it should be a great day.
Please find a link below to the key information you and your child need to prepare for this event. Mentor Teachers will also be going over this information with their classes so students can ask any questions they may have.
- All students go directly to Lloyd Elsmore Park on Wednesday in their PE / Sports Gear / House colours ready for a prompt 9 am start.
- Please note if you child catches a school bus to school then they will be transported from the school to the park and back again. This service is only available to existing school bus users.
- All students will be required to stay at the park from 9 am till they are dismissed at 2.30 pm – they cannot leave the park area.
- No face or body paint / or marking of skin is permitted.
- Students must bring a water bottle with them, which they will be able to refill as needed.
- School lunches will be provided, students can bring additional snacks as required.
- If your child requires an inhaler or other routine medication they should bring that with them.
- Sunscreen / hats etc are required as they will be outside during the day.
- Please ensure your child leaves their valuables at home – no speakers or other noise making items are allowed
If bad weather causes the event to be postponed, please check the Edgewater College website for updates. If the event is postponed students will need to come to school in full school uniform with your schoolbooks/devices.
This should be a fun day and all students are expected to participate and do their best.
Parents /caregivers are welcome – again please see the link below on key information.
Ngā mihi nui