Under Alert Level 1
Under Alert Level 1 no physical distancing requirements on any public transport services, including school bus services, are deemed necessary by the Ministry of Education and Waka Kotahi NZTA who are taking advice from the Ministry of Health.
- Any additional buses that have been added to some school bus routes during Alert Level 2 and 3 to support social distancing requirements will no longer operate under Alert Level 1.
- Normal school bus operation with front door boarding will resume; however, cash will not be accepted on buses.
- Students must have and use a registered AT HOP card with funds on it to tag on and tag off.
AT Safe Speeds Programme
Introducing AT Safe Speeds programme from 30 June 2020. For more information go to: https://youtu.be/m2DI722lvmo
AMETI Eastern busway project
Stage 1 - Panmure to Pakuranga: Preliminary construction.
Stage 2 & 3 - Pakuranga to Botany, (including the Reeves Road Flyover): Consultation and consenting.
Stage 4 - Botany Station: Analysis and strategy.
If you are interested in talking with one of the team, the AMETI Eastern Busway Information Centre is located in Pakuranga Plaza (opposite Pascoes) on Tuesday and Thursday, 2pm to 6pm or you can sign up to receive the AMETI newsletter by clicking on: https://at.govt.nz/about-us/news-events/sign-up-for-updates/
Using the Journey Planner for your school journey
To plan your new school journey:
- Go to: https://at.govt.nz/bus-train-ferry/journey-planner/
- Enter where you are travelling "FROM" and "TO" (ie address or name of your school).
- Enter the time you would like to travel.
- Select the date your school's term begins.
- Click the "Advanced" button.
- Under "Transport Mode" click the check box for "School Bus".
- Click the "Search" button.
The Journey Planner will show details for the best journeys available.